Sunday, March 14, 2010

"The Loss of the Creature"

     Perry uses the Grand Canyon as an example for his
argument. That imagery and performed ideas get in the way of out experience of a place for ourselves. Performed ideas referred to pictures, stories, thoughts about a place someone has presented for you.  Those ideas contribute to an made up experience. The Grand Canyon is a tourist eye opener and a lot of people are attracted to the historical land. Usually one would get a brochure to get an idea about the place.  Even when visiting, one would follow the trail the park ranger would guide them.  Its as if your setting your self up.  Your not getting the real feel of the place, someone is setting you up to only let you see the park there way or limiting your site. Instead, visit with open eyes and with a intention to have a good time because you experience the place on your own. Perry suggest to get off the trail.  Every place has an amazing part about it waiting to be seen, found and used.

     When I traveled to Miami Florida I was excited and I never been there before so I looked on the Internet to see where the hot spots where. I found some spots I was looking forward to see, so I called my cousin, who stayed Florida. She had told me not to pay attention to the Internet and what they advertise because those places I suggest we go are worse less and horrible. It even had alligators roaming around. If I allowed the performed ideas about Florida take over then I’m sure I would have gotten ate by an alligator. For now on, I would rather vist a place and let the place guide me to a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment