Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Why We Travel"

     To get away from normal, stressful daily routines I travel. Lying down in the sun with my legs elevated sounds relaxing but also experiencing something new relaxes me. I enjoy the rush I get when I touch down off the plane. Traveling lets me be in charge; no one tells me what to do. Even though local traveling (in the U.S.) is wonderful, international traveling is a completely different travel experience. The most unexpected thing I have seen while traveling is when I was twelfth years old, and my plane to Africa made an unexpected emergency landing in London. At the time, everyone on the plane was confused, because no one was informing us what was going on. So instead, they told everyone on the plane that the next plane available will be the next day. So me and my family stayed in a hotel nearby. My brothers and I did not want to stay inside the room, so my father took us all outside. The only person who has been to London was my father so he knew where he was going. We roamed the streets of London and seen big buildings, weird shape buss's also ate some tasty food. Only being in London for less than twenty-four hours, I still experience a new lifestyle and I did not want to leave. I loved what London had to offer, it reminded me of America, but no one knew who I was or where I came from so I was never bothered.
     Anonymity while traveling can be important, and sometimes it cannot. Depending on how comfortable a person might be traveling, anonymity can be significant for people that are more open-minded. Not knowing what a place has in store gives an exciting outcome to an traveling experience. However, unacknowledged can lead to an awful experience. Some places can be something they were not looking for, catching one off guard. The reason for traveling is an experience it selves. Rather being alone or with company of others, traveling is use to find your selves or bond with other.

No comments:

Post a Comment